Saturday, October 1, 2011

Things I Will NEVER Understand

If King Solomon wrote things he'd never understand, I guess I can as well...

OF CHILDREN:
-Why the best game in the world is to run around the dining table for half an hour
-Why things right in front of them are invisible yet things right in front of me are plain as day to them
-Why dirty diapers or serious bathroom breaks are necessary three minutes before leaving the house
-Why they refuse to eat their meals but get hungry as soon as we leave the house
-Why boxes full of toys are ignored until it's time to give them away

OF MALE SPOUSES:
-Why a messy house has no effect on their mood (I really wish I could do the same!)
-Why they can't hear more than one thing at a time
-Why a sparkling house (that required hours of attention and elbow grease) escapes their notice until two days later

OF MYSELF/SEVERAL OTHER FEMALE SPOUSES I KNOW:
-Why we don't get our mood swings but our husbands have them scheduled
-Why we have to eat at a certain hour or we turn into she-bears
-Why we doubt my homemaker/mothering skills when our children are obviously fabulous and our houses aren't breeding colonies of rodents
-Why we crave silence when we have houses full of children

Challenge:
Get over it! We're just not destined to understand some things, and it's okay. Deal with the things you do get, learn something cool (or easier) instead, and have fun!

Domestic Goddess out.

No comments:

Post a Comment